Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Another First

This morning we woke to a brand new month. Suddenly. Abruptly!

It used to be hours that rushed by quickly.

Then whole days evaporated into weeks. Now, sometimes I almost miss a whole month. Seems I can't trust my inner calendar and I am highly suspicious of the one on the wall.

We won't even go to the "where-have-all-the-years-gone" thing.

But today is a new month of many new beginnings! This brand new month produces new classes, new friends, new challenges, new sports' seasons, and frightening/exciting new school/education experiences.

Both my granddaughter and my great-grandson [blended family, remember :-) ]are high-flying fifth graders this year. Just typing it produces shivers up and down my spine of racing time.

My grandson and our other great-grandson share the same birth dates in September. Separate families, nine years, and 200 miles separate the boys but the two book-lover friends share questioning minds, deep souls, determined spirits, and an understanding of each other that the rest of us often seem to miss.

September ushers in the hope of cooler weather to renew my droopy herbs and my burdened spirit. That's as far as I'll venture into the changing calendar. I'll not jump ahead but simply sit back, renew, hope,  and enjoy this friendly kind of month with its simple holidays and easy new beginnings.

Happy September !!

...and let's stay in each other's prayers.
Yet I WILL exult in the Lord, I WILL rejoice in the God of my salvation.
The Lord God IS my strength.

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment