Thursday, October 14, 2010

Multi-Task Lessons Anyone??

I just THOUGHT I could no longer do several things at one time. Guess I should not have bragged in my last post.
This morning, I kept my coffee cup from spilling hot coffee onto me, I kept myself from dropping and breaking the mug, and I went down most gracefully onto BOTH knees.
Yes, I'm a mess. No, nothing is broken but I'm sore and tired and hurting and trying desperately NOT to complain. Not complaining is the hardest part for me.
However, the roast is in the oven, we got x-rays, another skien of yarn is untangled since I will be spending a lot of time with knees iced and feet elevated.
Not the way I had planned.
And yes, there are several scriptures that spring to mind and I wish I didn't remember the one that sweet Jane Ray always quoted----no matter WHAT!
*sigh*
1 Thessalonians 5:18 give thanks in all circumstances, for this is ... ... In all things give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you all. ...
You see, while I was writhing on the floor crying in pain I was praying for my precious First Born and for my Dear Heart--both of whom need me. I asked Father to provide and He did. I'm not in the hospital or in a cast!!!
So, I think the words from Psalm 138:2 is a deeper expression of gratitude and I will concentrate on this passage as I limp along tonight:
I will bow down toward your holy temple and will praise your name for your love and your faithfulness, for you have exalted above all things your name and your word. I will bow down toward your holy temple and will praise your name for your love and your faithfulness, for you have exalted above all things your name and your word.
Truly, God's Word and His Name are exalted and He IS faithful. And my cup overflows.

Because He first loved me, I will praise Him
~~Liz~~

1 comment:

  1. Sooo sorry you're in pain. Wish I could give you a hug...miss and love you!

    ReplyDelete