Thursday, October 7, 2010

Praise

New Living Translation (©2007)
A psalm of David. Let all that I am praise the LORD; with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name.

Today at mid-week communion, Pastor read Psalm 103.
I remembered that yesterday I did not praise my Holy Father...I was too tired.
     How lame can that "excuse" be???? Doesn't get much worse than that. In my weakness, when I'm tired, when everything is going wrong, when I am sick, and when I am weighed down with worry, I should praise the Lord my God even more than usual.
     I try not to be so human.
     Today is better and worse.
     The weather is Fall-Perfect.
     My family and I joined other believers at the Lord's Table.
But *sigh* even on the good days I get riled. I get busy. I get involved in "stuff." Ava doesn't respond. The checkbook doesn't balance.
     Then something inside me said, Stop. Listen. Be glad.
     While I pondered, I surfed around the web in search of the right herbs to go with the beautiful pork chops I got for Dear Heart. He loves pork. I don't make it often but wanted something special for him because I've been down for awhile now and I don't even know why. So in doing something special for him, my own spirits rose a bit.
     Surfing to find something nice for Dear Heart, I found another delightful web site by yet another delightful young woman. I'll add it to my blog list because she blogs on cooking, herbs, living frugally, and other things family.
     And then I remembered again Psalm 103. The words that really spoke to me are:
all that I am.

I don't think that means to praise
  •  just when I am happy
  • just when I feel good
  • just when things go well
  • just when I have a good night's sleep
  • just when the kids are in good places
  • just when the checkbook balances
All that I am is every day. Every part of me is who God made. AND, He made me to love Him. He made me to serve in however it is that I can serve as I am.

In His love and because He first loved me, ALL THAT I AM WILL praise HIM!
~~Liz~~
Just one of our ordinary fall-perfect days in the Texas Hill Country.

No comments:

Post a Comment