Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Cedar Fever in Perspective

Once upon a time, I thought this time of year was simply Winter Doldrums.
You know: yuk; blah; ug; etc. etc. and etc.
Took a long time to piece things together but better late smart than never. Now I know that my winter ailes and woes are ALLERGIES.
In Texas, Mountain Cedar does awful things in the winter. Especially a dry winter. And we have a lot of dry winters around the hill country.
Which means dry eyes, dry mouth, dry skin, and ringing ears. YES I drink water. NO I don't have a humidifier. Might think about it.
Cedar Fever, as it is commonly called, saps its victims and some people suffer worse than I do so I send all victims my sincere condolences.
HOWEVER. . . .
There are THREE bits of good news:
  1. I have a recommendation for a new allergy doctor nearby who takes allergy-only patients!!! I'm calling tomorrow.
  2. My ten-year-old granddaughter who lives way far away is e-mailing me regularly. LOVE IT!!! She is also a writer. Bet she'll be famous one day. Makes dreary, yukky days bearable. And - -
  3. SPRING WILL COME!
Now I'll go take some pills, turn on the air filter and...
What?????
Oh.
Right!
We have many prayer concerns among our friends and family - - -
Oh. Uh - well ---
OKAY!! I get it!!! 
The explosion of cedar pollen takes a WAAAY back seat to
  • my friend who broke a rib
  • a local youth pastor sho suffered a punctured lung in a bike accident
  • two friends struggling with severe vision problems
  • the husband of another friend who spent 8 days in the hopital and will finally go home minus his gall bladder (Thank You, Father; it was very serious for awhile)
  • friends battling cancer
  • friends who are just beginning the hard, lonely walk of widowhood
and the list goes on.

So, join me in following James' admotion to "Pray one for another.." (5:16, KJV)

Now I will quietly stand firmly on Ezekiel 34:26: "...I will send down showers in season; there will be showers of blessing."

Just wanted to touch base with you and offer mysmall fountain of blessings in this dry season.

Because He first loved me,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment