Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Oops! Life DID Go On

     I sort of left you hanging. Time just picks itself up and flies away on me and although I've limped around some, but for whatever unknown and undeserved reason God poured out His sweet mercy on me and my knees survived my fall.
     I'm still able to get First Born's foot/leg into the boot to protect the broken bone in her foot. . . . boot that weighs almost as much as she does. The bone she broke is on the side of her body that was paralyzed when she was five and has always been weak. Way back in 1965, her doctors said she would never walk again but her determination made the doctors look as little sheepish. As her new orthopedic doc says, "For such a fragile lady, this gal is sure TOUGH!" All of us agree.

    First Born is also bossy. She orders me out the door to get back to the pool for water exercise even though she can't go now. It's easier to obey my adult child than to be comfortably lazy.
    One of our teenage neighbor nephews is trying to get some time away from studies and home chores to help me "winterize" our yard and porches and to bring firewood up within reach for Dear Heart. Can you believe it is almost time to move indoors by the fireplace? The way seasons rush into each other seems more like a dream.
    I continue to be drawn to praises written down by David, the son of Jesse, and a sinful man whom God loved.
"Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel [and the God of Liz..& insert YOUR name], who alone works wonders. And blessed be His glorious name forever; and may the whole earth be filled with His glory. Amen, and Amen." 
Psalm 72:18,19.

     Breathe lots of this sweet tho allergen filled fresh autumn air and let your hearts be filled with the perfect love of our High and Holy Father--in spite of whatever is on your plate!!!
Because He first loved me,
~~Liz~~

No comments:

Post a Comment