Thursday, September 30, 2010

Weary

I went to http://bible.cc/ to search for scriptures on weariness.
     The page opened to the "special of the day."
 ... If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness. ...
2 Corinthians 11:30
     You see, I wanted to whine and complain about how hard EVERYTHING is and how TIRED I am and how.............  well, you get the boring picture that any one of you could draw. Actually, I am tired but more that I've felt a total failure all day.
      As I typed the address of the above Scripture, Dear Heart came in and said, "Ava is at the door; I think she wants to go out."
     No fuss about the leash, a fun waltz around the back yard and a successful mission!
     Yes, I've tried to do some simple dog training, but I suddenly understand that there is a bigger picture about why we even have a dog -- at this very late time in our lives. And it will be okay. Because I can NOT do it or anything else in or of myself. My Father is strong. My Father is wise. And when I listen to the Holy Spirit, I can do whatever is mine to do. One little chore--- or gift at a time.
    The red and white scarf measures 38 1/2 inches. 

    A few of us in our congregation celebrated the Feast at our Lord's Table today served by our new, young associate pastor and her husband. And I remembered to look to the Bless-er.
Because He first loved me,
~~Liz~~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment